Our COVID-19 Safety Procedures
We are committed to slowing the spread of COVID-19. Our dental practice has implemented new and enhanced safety protocols, including:
- Infection control procedures that go beyond the procedures we have in place.
- Improved patient flows to maintain physical distance
- Protective equipment to keep patients and staff safe.
If you would like to reschedule a missed appointment or book one, please call our office. We would be happy to book an appointment for you.
To help you prepare for your appointment, we’d like to highlight the changes we’ve made to protect our patients and staff. Our safety protocols include:
Patient Symptom Screenings
Prior to appointments, we are contacting patients to perform patient screenings. Our screenings help determine whether patients are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 before they arrive at our office.
Masks and Hand Sanitizer
For convenience and safety, we have installed hand sanitizer and face mask stations at our front entrance.
After every appointment, staff will clean, disinfect and sterilize surfaces, instruments and the operatory.
We are taking steps to minimize contact and maintain physical distance guidelines when interaction is inevitable.
- We are asking our patients to stay in their vehicles until their scheduled appointment time.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at our reception desks to protect our patients and staff.
- Our seated chairs have been spaced out to help patients maintain physical distance.
- The chairs in our waiting room are now at least 2 metres apart.
- Waiting room surfaces are frequently wiped down with an approved cleaner. Frequent cleanings will help keep our waiting room free of pathogens.
Maintaining physical distance can help slow the spread of COVID-19. We ask our patients and staff to follow our markers and stand at least 2 metres apart when waiting in line.
Signs for Guidance
We are implementing our enhanced protocols for the safety of our patients and staff. If you have any questions or feel unsure of our new protocols, we are happy to provide guidance and answer your questions.
We have also posted signs to provide guidance and clarifications on our new process.
Along with the new protocols listed above, our staff continues to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. If symptoms arise, staff will immediately get a Covid-19 test and quarantine when appropriate
Our new protocols are designed to keep patients and staff safe. We will continue to monitor these measures to ensure their effectiveness. If necessary, we will keep you informed of any changes we make to our protocols. If we need to reschedule your appointment, we will call you directly.
We encourage you to visit our website frequently and check your inbox for additional information and updates.
If you have an urgent matter or question, give our office a call. We appreciate your understanding as we adapt to our new schedule and do our best to keep up with patient demand. Please note that our office hours may change.
We are committed to providing our patients with the dental care they need in a safe, comfortable environment.
Call us today to book an appointment!